Henry's Halloween Adventure Game for Palm OS
Henry's Halloween Adventure is an adventure and puzzle game for the Palm Pilot.The objective is to guide Henry through mazes, avoiding creatures and collecting items. Henry must flag some squares as creatures and uncover those squares that do not contain creatures, in order to find various items. The gameplay is similar to Minesweeper, but the goals are substantially different. Before every level is a cutscene that takes Henry one step further in his adventure. There are sixteen scenes in total, divided into four acts. The storyline will keep you glued to the game! Introduction
Download and Installation Instructions
How to Play
Unlocking Henry's Halloween Adventure
Follow these instructions to install Henry's Halloween Adventure:
If you have any problems with installation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the game by clicking here:henry_halloween-1_0.zip
- Unzip the downloaded file using an extraction tool such as WinZip.
- Locate the halloween.prc file and double-click it, to prepare the game for installation.
- HotSync your handheld to transfer the game.
Henry's Halloween Adventure has the following features:
- Game Features
- 16 scenes total, divided into 4 acts.
- All levels guaranteed solvable without losing a life (no chance involved unless Random Maps or a custom level is selected).
- Storyline gets more interesting every scene, and will keep you glued to the game until the very end.
- 16 unique tilesets.
- Randomize maps or create and play your own levels for an almost unlimited set of levels!
- High score chart - compete against your friends!
- Cheat codes optionally available.
- Gameplay Features
- Fine-tuned and tested for both greyscale and color Palm devices.
- Complete instructions on how to play included.
- Gameplay similar to minesweeper, but with different goals.
- Easy controls, no dragging means less scratching the display.
- Large, scrolling maps.
- Bonus timer on each level for those that like to race for speed.
- No hard time limits for those who like to relax and think.
- Auto-pauses for alarms. Resumes your game when you get back.
- Ability to change starting level, so you don't have to start from Act I, Scene 1 every time.
- Demo Features
- First 4 scenes are fully playable in demo.
- Demo is not limited by number of plays or total play time.
- Demo is fully beamable to your friends!
Note that these instructions are also available by tapping the "How to Play" option on the title screen. Henry's Halloween Adventure is an adventure and puzzle game. The objective is to guide Henry through mazes, avoiding creatures and collecting items. Henry must flag some squares as creatures and uncover those squares that do not contain creatures, in order to find various items. Unconcealed squares indicate how many creatures are neighboring it horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. Tap a square to reveal its contents. Henry will move within range and uncover the square. Uncovering the wrong square will unleash a creature that will chase Henry. When Henry is caught, he will lose a life, all the items he has collected will be dispersed, and he will restart from the beginning of the scene. Henry starts with 3 lives, and will gain an additional life every 5,000 points. If you believe a square contains a creature, hold down the page up or page down button while tapping to flag the square as containing a creature. Eventually, you will uncover enough squares to find the required number of items. Collect an item by tapping it. The status display at the top of the screen indicates how many items you still need to collect to complete the scene. There are sixteen scenes in total, divided into four acts. Complete each scene by collecting enough items. You will be given a score based on your performance:
The following penalty will be deducted:
- + 1 point per Square Revealed
- + 25 points per Bonus Second
- + 10 points per Creature Flagged
Have Fun, and help Henry have a Happy Halloween!
- - 100 points per Incorrect Flag
When you install Henry's Halloween Adventure, it is a locked demo version by default. The demo version is limited in the following ways:
To unlock Henry's Halloween Adventure, you must purchase a license key. A license can be purchased from http://www.handango.com/, or using the link above. Once you have your license key (which should look something like 1234-567-89012), follow these steps to unlock the game:
- The last 12 levels are locked
- You can only view the first five cutscenes.
- You can only play the first 20 seconds of Act II, Scene 1.
- Custom Levels are locked.
- Cheat codes are locked.
Your license key comes with an unconditional money-back guarantee. If, at any time, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your license purchase, you can return your license for a full refund. To do so, please email email@example.com. Thank you for your support! By purchasing a license, you help shareware authors write high quality games and other software.
- Tap "Unlock Now!" on the title screen. Alternatively, you can access this from the paused game menu by tapping "Unlock Game". This will not interrupt your game in progress.
- Tap "Unlock the Adventure Now!"
- Fill in your license key
- Tap "Unlock!"
There are four cheat codes, available only in the unlocked version:
Not everyone enjoys knowing the cheat codes, so they are not posted here. Follow this link to see the cheat codes.
- Extra Life
- Quick Hint
- Lazy / Screensaver mode (sit back and watch the palm solve the level for you!)
- Skip Level
Version - 1.0 - Released October 17, 2002
Author - Mark Roth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Homepage - http://www.octagonsoftware.com/products/henry
Device Requirements - Henry's Halloween Adventure runs on any Palm™ compatible device running PalmOS 3.3 or higher. It supports both greyscale and color screens. Visit http://www.palm.com/ to determine how to upgrade your Palm if it does not meet the minimum requirements.
Understanding Wife - Susan Roth
Playtesters - Ryan Shoemaker and Robert Bissett
Copyright © 2002 by Mark Roth
All rights reserved.
Check out these other sites related to this game:
- Halloween HQ: categorized resource directory for everything about Halloween.
Please send all inquiries to the following email addresses:
Suggestions / Feedback (welcome!): email@example.com
- October 17, 2002 - Version 1.0
- Initial Version Released, after extensive playtesting.
Mark Roth takes no responsibility for any adverse effect that this software could cause to your machine or the data on it: backup important data before using Henry's Halloween Adventure. Henry's Halloween Adventure is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Henry's Halloween Adventure is licensed, not sold. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble this software. Mark Roth and his suppliers' entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be, at Mark Roth's option, either (a) return of the price paid, if any, or (b) replacement of the product that does not meet the warranty and which is returned to Mark Roth with a copy of your receipt. This warranty is void if failure of the product has resulted from accident, abuse, or misapplication. Any replacement software product will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer. These remedies are not available without proof of purchase from an authorized source. Written permission must be obtained before distribution of this game, either in demo form or full form, through any online or offline methods. Copyright (c) 2002, Mark Roth.
All rights reserved.